Revival in the Redwoods – Registration
CUMC Revival in the Redwoods Summer Camp
Memorial Park- Redwood Flat, Pescadero
- Church Picnic / Camp Set up – Sunday, July 22
- Counselor and CIT Camp starts – Sunday, July 22
- Campers arrive – Tuesday, July 24
- Camp ends / Break down – Saturday, July 28
- Camp Sunday – July 29, at the Community United Methodist Church
Revival in the the Redwoods is open to all children entering 3rd through 8th grades!
Register before June 1st and get the Early Registration Price of $375
- Registration on or after June 1st is $425
- Registration closes on July 9th
- Registration form, medical form, release of liability, and payment are all required to confirm registration. Get your registration packet here.
- Need-based scholarships are available in exchange for parent volunteer hours
- Full refunds will be given for cancellation made prior to July 1st
Volunteer With Revival in the Redwoods!
Revival in the Redwoods is a volunteer-led camp. We’d love to have your help if you are able! Parents and siblings are welcome and encouraged to get involved with camp.
To sign up to volunteer click here: https://tinyurl.com/yc8gxcns
Some of the areas that you can help with are:
- Camp Set-up 7/22/2018
- Night watch
- Cooking in the camp kitchen
- Baking cookies
- Assistance with afternoon activities
- Craft assistant
- Camp breakdown 7/28/2018
Important information for Revival in the Redwoods
- Set up for camp occurs during the CUMC church picnic Sunday, July 22 at Memorial Park
- Counselor Camp starts Sunday, July 22
- Tuesday, July 24 is the first day of camp. Check in time is 10am
- Camp breakdown begins at 10am on Saturday, July 28
- Campers must be picked up and checked out by 11 a.m., Saturday, July 28
- If there is an emergency and you need to reach your camper, please contact the Park Ranger at Memorial Park (650) 879-0212 (cell phones do not work in the park)
- Campers may NOT bring IPODs, CELL PHONES or Electronics to camp
- Do not bring any food or candy as the raccoons will visit your tent
- For more information please refer to the Revival Camp Handbook
Directions to Memorial Park:
Take Highway 1 south to Pescadero Road, turn left. Go east on Pescadero Road to the Memorial Park entrance. Redwood flat is directly behind the Ranger station. Counselors will be on the road to direct you to the registration area.
What to bring?
Each camper should bring the following items to camp. Label all of your camper’s things if you would like to see any of the items again. Things do get lost at camp and we want all campers to return home with all the belongings that he/she came with. Pack gear in a duffel bag or an old suitcase.
Packing List suggestions:
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Mat or Twin Air Mattress
- 2 pair of jeans
- 2 pair of shorts
- 3 T-shirts
- HAPPY FACE
- Socks – lots (they get lost)
- Shoes – at least 2 pair (one good for water)
- Bathing suit
- Sweatshirt – 1 is provided
- Light jacket
- 2 towels – shower/swimming
- Washcloth & soap
- SENSE OF HUMOR
- Shower shoes
- Bug repellent
- Rain gear
- SINGING VOICE
- Laundry bag or plastic bag
- Medicine (given to nurse)
- Quarters for shower
- Just a little money for the Revival Camp Store ($20.00 max)
- Camera (optional)
- Stuffed animal (optional)
- Skit props (optional)
- Please Do Not Bring: Candy, gum or any food, CD/MP3 player/Radio, etc., computer equipment, cell phones, pagers, walkie-talkies (two-way communicators), fireworks, anything valuable, alcohol, cigarettes, illegal drugs, weapons, or hazardous materials of any kind, including knives. Any item that will detract from the purpose of the camp may result in immediate and final dismissal.
Camp Dismissal Policy
Revival in the Redwoods reserves the right to dismiss a participant whose conduct is dangerous, illegal, or in the discretion of the Camp Directors, detrimental to the camp community and/or to other campers or otherwise unsatisfactory, including, but not limited to the following:
- Possession, use or involvement of any kind with tobacco, drugs or alcoholic beverages.
- Abuse or disrespectful behavior toward any member of the camp community.
- Possession of any type of weapon or fire-producing device.
- Unauthorized absence from camp activities.
In the event of dismissal, the camper or staff’s parent must provide immediate transportation home.