Grow Your Faith
We are all on a journey to become the people that God designed us to be. Our journey follows the teachings of Jesus and integrates them into our daily lives.
The Discipleship Development Team seeks to provide fellowship, resources, and direction for this journey, which we believe is the most important journey of our lives. We honor each individual’s experience, questions, discernment, and learning style with a diversity of opportunities to grow and learn. We welcome all who are called to grow in faith regardless of their age or the stage of their faith journey.
Come discover, learn, explore, connect, and grow.
Do you want to…
- Meet new people and/or get to know others on a deeper level?
- Nourish & strengthen your faith?
- Explore the Bible and learn in an open and stimulating environment?
- Be challenged by new ideas about, approaches to, and opinions on faith & spirituality?
- Live a more committed and dynamic spiritual life in your community, family, and world?
Study and Supper starts March 8th
Lenten Bible Study
Join us Wednesday nights in the Sweeney Ridge Room from 5-6pm
What are you prepared to give in order to have a closer walk with God? What can you give in order to embrace anew the work of justice? These questions along with music and reflections featured by Mark A. Miller are part of this weekly study class on Lent.
Supper served from 6:00-7:00p.m.
Join us Wednesday nights in the Sweeney Ridge Room from 7-8pm
Animate: Practices, an engaging introduction to the central practices of the Christian faith, why they are important, and how we can take part in them today. We will take a closer look at the core practices that have nurtured the faith of generations of Christians, all the way back to the days of Paul and the early church. Here is an outline of what we will be exploring together
These and other questions of faith will be explored in a lively seven-week Wednesday evening series, “Animate: Faith”.
Each week, we will view brief videos and share our perspectives. This group will be especially helpful for folks new to the church, but no matter where you are on your faith journey, you will be sure to grow and have a good time too!
On Wednesday evenings, when the above classes are held, you are invited to have dinner with the church family at 6pm. Come to What would Jesus do and what would he like us to do? and stay for dinner, or come to dinner and then stay for Is god Real?. Of course you can attend both classes, or simply join us for dinner.
Lectionary Bible Study
- Wednesday, 10:00 am, Sweeney Ridge
- Join the Pastor to delve into the scripture of the week. Gain deeper insight into the passages that will be preached on the coming Sunday.
- Contact: Rev. Lisa Warner-Carey
Small Group Studies
Men’s Study Group
- Wednesday, 6:30 am, Sweeney Ridge
- Join this band of guys for an early morning Bible study/discussion of faith/study group. This is an ecumenical group. Feel free to drop by.
- Contact: Frank Vento
Additional resources for personal study and prayer (including the Upper Room & Alive Now) are available in the narthex. Donations gladly accepted.