We are currently seeking a Bookkeeper to perform all accounting functions of CUMC as assigned and directed by the Finance Committee under the supervision of the Senior Pastor. All work is to be performed according to current standard accounting practices. CUMC currently has six employees and a congregation of approximately three hundred parishioners. This is a flexible, twelve hours per week position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain charts of accounts
- Record and process Sunday deposits
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Management of cash flow
- Payroll and payroll taxes
- Preparing and updating financial reports
- Preparing for annual audit and working with auditor to assure accurate accounting
- Attending evening and week-end meeting as needed (generally once per month)
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Two to Three years general ledger, accounting and financial reporting experience. Accounting degree desirable but not required. Knowledge of and proficiency in Finance and Accounting Principles. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be organized and possess the ability to handle multiple priorities. Experience with QuickBooks required.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org