Revival in the Redwoods – Counselors
Counselors are an integral part of Revival in the Redwoods. As a Counselor, it is your job to ensure the spiritual, social, and physical well being of each camper; to ensure each camper is cared for and given opportunities to develop and grow in a safe and secure environment.
Counselors will report to the Counselor Coordinator and the Camp Director(s). There will be a mandatory overnight counselor training, on Saturday, May 19th 6pm- Sunday, May 20st 11:30am. We will go over small group curriculum, camp schedule, play games, eat food and have fun!
- Maintain the camp schedule, make smooth and timely transitions through the day
- Participate alongside your campers – lead by example
- Demonstrate creativity, energy, vision, and self-initiative
- Read and an adhere to camp policies and schedule
- Report and direct all camper (or your own) injuries/illnesses to the camp mom
- Supervise campers at all times when under your direct care
- Motivate campers to participate and try new activities
- Praise campers for doing good things while challenging and motivating other campers in the process
- Ensure campers get enough to eat, drink, rest, sleep, and shower
- Settle camper disputes and disagreements in a Christian manner; ask for help when needed
- Assist with camp cleaning, cooking, and maintenance tasks when needed
- Lead a small group according to the established curriculum
- Mentor campers by helping them understand their worth, value, and spiritual strengths
- Lead afternoon activities (swimming hole, hike, etc…)
- Assist volunteer leaders as needed
Counselor Camp starts Sunday, July 22nd!
If you are selected to be a Counselor at Revival in the Redwoods. We will still need you to fill out the registration form, medical form, and release of liability. Cost of Camp for the Counselors is $175. You will also receive 96 community service hours, Please submit your filled out community service forms by the end of September 2018.